What is The Most Energy Efficient Space Heater
One terrific way to lower your winter heating bills is to start using a space heater instead of heating the entire house unnecessarily. This is great when everyone is gathered together in one room or when only one person is alone in the house. Make sure that you keep the bills as low as possible by getting the most energy efficient space heater available.
Some general tips for buying the most energy efficient space heater include:
- 1. Select a space heater that is the right size for the area that you are heating. Most heaters show the proper room size for the space heater on the package. Look for this when buying a space heater so that you don’t buy an oversized one that wastes heat.
- 2. Select a heater that is controlled by a thermostat. A simple on/off switch isn’t sufficient for properly heating a space in an efficient manner.
- 3. Buy a new model. This isn’t an item that you want to get used. The newest models are the most energy efficient and are also the safest for the home.
- 4. Get a space heater that has a timer on it. This allows you to heat a room until you fall asleep, for example, and then to have it kick back on right before you wake up but doesn’t mean leaving it on all night.
- 5. Consider getting a combustion space heater instead of an electric space heater. They both have pros and cons so weigh the options carefully but know that an electric space heater is the more expensive option.
- 6. Use alternative energy to power a space heater. For example, if your home has solar energy then you should be able to generate enough power to use solar to run the space heater. This increases its energy efficiency.
Some of the leading energy efficient space heaters on the market today include:
- Vornado Whole Room Heaters. These electric heaters use vortex action technology to evenly heat an entire room in an energy efficient manner. They come in several sizes.
- eHeat. This is "the world’s first and only 100% pure convection, wall mounted, heater". It’s affordable, safe and energy efficient.
- DeLonghi Mica Panel Radiator. This is a convection heater without a fan so it’s a very quiet option for an energy-efficient space heater.
- Optimus H-5210 Infrared Quartz Heater. This is a radiant heater that is designed to efficiently heat very small areas of the home. It’s a top choice for someone working at a computer in a home office all day long!
Publish Date: 2010-12-29 11:43:11
Read More Energy Articles